Residential Limited Warranty
This warranty only covers work performed for residential home owners in their personal place of residence. If the property where work is performed is a rental, apartment, condominium, hotel, etc.. where the person(s) living in the residence are NOT the property owner than please view our Commercial Limited Warranty.
Bathtubs, wall tile, fiberglass fixtures, and countertops are warranted for a period of FIVE years against peeling or other failure of adhesion of the coating. Refinishing of sinks are not warrant. A spot (chip repairs) and all other surfaces are warranted for a period of ONE year against failure of adhesion, unless some other period is otherwise stated on the face of the invoice.
Fiberglass/Porcelain & Tile Warranty
Should our material or workmanship prove faulty during the warranty period, we will correct these faults at no additional cost to the user. We cover flaking, peeling, and cracking. This warranty does not cover man-made damage or negligence on the part of the user.
We DO NOT guarantee the following and the warranty will be voided if:
- The newly refinished area needs 24 HOURS to cure. Keep it free from water or any contact whatsoever during this time.
- Bathmats containing suction cups are used. These produce a reaction with the finish when subjected to hot water.
- Problems with the product arise due to continuous wetness from leaking or dripping plumbing.
- You use harsh abrasive cleaners, bleaches or scratch pads.
- You use products containing bleach, oils, hair dyes, acids, etc., any of which may stain or mar the finish.
- You wash animals in a newly resurfaced bathtub or sink.
- You store objects directly on the surface, especially metal cans, which may form rust stains.
- You hang garments that could bleed stains on the surface.
- There is any movement in the substructure of the surface which, in turn, causes movement in the refinished surface. Any resulting cracks or splits in the refinished surface or grout lines are not covered under the warranty.
- There is damage from any activity or use that is not normal or an intended use of the bathtub or sink as recommended by the original manufacturer.
Be sure to always observe the following to ensure the longevity of your new finish.
- Clean the finish regularly with mild soap and a sponge to prevent soap or other build up on surface (this will help prevent the use of abrasive cleaners which will damage the finish). For light use, we recommend cleaning the tub 2-3 times per month, more often with heavier use.
- Do not use bleach, Comet, Ajax, Soft Scrub (with bleach), green pads, etc., or any other abrasives to clean the surface. A mild cleaner such as 409, Fantastic or even regular dish soap with a soft cloth will be all you need.
- Also, do not use any bath mats with suction cups, as this will damage the refinished surface. Use of bathmats or abrasive cleaners will automatically void the surface’s warranty.
- The owner and user must maintain faucets and plumbing. Leaky faucets will erode the new finish, causing it to crack and wear out prematurely thus voiding this Warranty. Do not use refinished items for liquid storage or subject the surface to any dye.
- Be sure that your faucet taps are dry and not dripping after using the fixture, and be sure to towel dry the refinished surface after each use.
- Do not drop, drag any objects on the finish, which may cause it to chip, scrape or peel or mar the finish. Do not use any counter top as a cutting board or cut on it. Prevent children’s toys from chipping bathtubs.
- DO NOT lay soap, bottles, spray cans, wet clothes or any other objects on the finished surface for more than 24 hours. (Rust from shaving lotion cans or dye from labeling may stain surface if allowed to sit for long periods of time).
- We suggest using liquid soap or body washes, as they rinse easily with water and help prevent bar soap residue. Do not place or store bar soap on any refinished surface.
- Destruction of the surface may occur by using acid compounds such as drain openers or tile grout cleaners. All Harsh Chemicals should be kept away from the finish, including hair dyes, nail polish removers and perfumes.
- On all areas requiring protection, the owner must maintain caulking. Caulking and/or Grouting is not warranted.
- Damage may occur to any refinished surface when exposed to extreme heat. Keep hot objects away from the refinished surface.
- Use caution on all refinished surfaces as they may be slippery. We are not responsible for any accidents or injuries which may occur from use on a “slippery” surface. If we install a slip resistant surface YOU MUST STILL USE CAUTION when using the bathtub. The slip resistant surface will only help in preventing slips and falls, and we are not responsible for any accidents which may occur.
REMEMBER, if you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly with non-abrasive cleaners, and follow the above guidelines, your bathtub and tile will stay shiny and bright, and give you many years of trouble-free service.
Bathtub and Countertop Refinishing reserves the right to charge a minimum of $75 fee for any service call on items not covered under warranty. Bathtub And Countertop Refinishing has the final decision as to whether damage is warranty or non-warranty. Travel charges may apply if the fixture is located out of our service area.